Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Palm Springs windmills

I was driving out by the windmills near Palm Springs on Monday afternoon.  Clouds were falling off the mountains and most of the windmills were turning.  There's also a solar farm out by Dillon Road, which I'd never seen before.  Another storm is moving in this afternoon, with snow forecast down to 3,000 feet, which means that Morongo Valley will get snow and my horses will, too.  I'm taking one of my cameras with me today so that I can take some photos this afternoon.

7 comments:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Foto magnifica... buona serata :))
Myriam

Pat said...

Cool photo! Ever get up close to one of those things? THey are gigantic!

Barb said...

Great shot! Happy birthday for yesterday. Hope it was a lovely one.

TexWisGirl said...

neat shot!

Carolyn Ford said...

i am always fascinated with the wind farms! one of these days i have to make a plan to stop my car, get out and get some pictures! beautiful clouds and composition!!!

KT said...

I now work in DeKalb, IL. While it is not as beautiful as Palm Springs, they do have windmills. I was out at a jobsite today and saw them spinning away. They are quite amazing!u

Gaelyn said...

Hmmm, more windfarms. Wonder if this is a NewEra project too.