Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mission San Juan Capistrano Tour, Part 2






San Juan Capistrano is actually a fairly large mission.  There is plenty to see there.  If you go, plan for at least a two hour visit.  It's impossible to get a picture of the whole mission, mainly because there are the ruins at one end and then other parts of the mission in the middle and on the other side.  I'm sure you have seen photos of the mission, so here are a few more photos from last weekend.  Yes, if you get to Southern California, whether by AMTRAK or by car, DO stop by this mission!  You won't regret it! More pics tomorrow!

3 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

Thank you for your advice the other day. I look forward to visiting this mission. Love the courtyard area. It is my hope to create a similiar look here at our home at El Presidio. It's slow with a lot of new growth, but everything is starting to fill in....I think that's why I like visiting missions so much. They are timeless pieces of art.

Anonymous said...

I love the old missions - haven't seen them in years but still remember them.

Teresa said...

Thank you for sharing these great pictures. I hope to get there some day....I love all of the arches!