Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hummingbird and flowers~Nature Notes~020912




I stopped by the Marriott Desert Ridge villas last weekend to take some photos of the waterfalls there and I spotted this hummingbird visiting the pansies there.  He seemed to enjoy them and didn't mind my intrusion.  I just stood and snapped away, hoping to capture him as he darted from flower to flower. I have a couple of hummingbirds who visit the nectar feeders in the back yard and another little bird, which I haven't identified yet. Nature Notes for February 9, 2012.  To visit Nature Notes, please go to:   http://ramblingwoods.com/

3 comments:

Rambling Woods said...

How sweet it is...I won't have any hummers till spring..I love the little birds....

Inger said...

It isn't easy to capture those fast flying little critters. Pretty flowers too. I guess it's spring in your part of the desert by now.

TexWisGirl said...

so cool to see them around since ours won't be arriving quite yet!