Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Home sick today and Thrifty Thursday~022312






Some kind of flu is going around here and I FINALLY got it.  I ache all over.  I fell asleep at 5:00 last night, woke up at 7:30, and watched some taped shows, then fell asleep again at 10:00.  This morning, I feel like somebody hit me in my back with a sledgehammer.  I am camped out on the living room couch with 2 dogs and a cat (Abby)...I have NO appetite, so you know I'm really sick!  I did have some time to walk around the house and take a few photos of some of the things I've found at our local thrift stores.  Actually, the desert has some pretty good finds, although SOME thrift stores are very expensive!  Most of the "snowbirds" clean out their stuff in March or April, and then head home, so some good finds can be made.  Actually, most of our current furniture is from a couple of the higher end thrift stores.  I LOVE to find home made quilts and blankets, so I'll have to take some pics of them sometime, but these are a few items in the living room and kitchen.  I'm just not up to doing much today except sleeping!  Thrifty Thursday for February 23, 2012. I always wanted a china hutch for my grandmother's cups and saucers, and I think this one was $250.00 one spring.  I found the little thing with drawers up in the mountain thrift shop, but it is now closed forever... I found the barn cookie jar here in the desert, for I think $2.99 (Goodwill).  Hubby found this lamp that is next to his chair, which we also found at a thrift shop for I think $65.00. I found the living room console (it's a set of 3 parts).  I love it because it has lots of drawers and a place to put our old cameras. Finally, I found these items (and shelf) at a thrift store (also Goodwill, I believe) and these are next to my desk. If you would like to check out Thrifty Thursday, please go to this link:   http://geogypsy.blogspot.com/2012/02/thrifty-thursday-time-to-gussy-up.html

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

hoping you can shake the bug quickly!

Gaelyn said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

You are a great thrifty shopper. Nice hutch and I really like the cookie jar.

Thanks for joining in.

And feel better soon.

Barb said...

Wow, Cheryl, even when you're sick in bed to can manage to create an interesting post with great pics! Get well soon.

Teresa said...

Hope you feel better. That flu hit me too.
I love the thrift stores and antique malls...you never know what you will find.

Rambling Woods said...

Feel better Cheryl Ann...