Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Monday, February 13, 2012

Afternoon drive~Our World Tuesday~021412




Today, since I was off school, I took a drive out toward Desert Hot Springs and Morongo Valley.  A storm was moving in and the clouds were absolutely gorgeous!  I wanted to get out into the weather and get some photos instead of sitting on the couch all afternoon, so off I went!  It was raining up in Morongo Valley and then I looked up and DARK CLOUDS were moving in, so I returned down to the desert floor.  Morongo is up at about 1,500 feet and I didn't wish to get snowed in.  There is only one road back down to the valley, Highway 62, and sometimes it does get closed!  Once I got on the desert floor, I stopped and looked back at the road I had just come down (see bottom photo)...The wind is howling tonight all over the valley and the storm is expected to linger for another day (tomorrow)...Our World Tuesday for February 14, 2012.  HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!  To visit OWT, please go to:   http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

LadyFi said...

What wonderfully dramatic clouds!

Gaelyn said...

Love the cloud shadows. Looks like you got back to the valley just in time.

More wind farms.....

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous photos of the dramatic sky! Not a place to get snowed in, glad you made it safely out before the storm. Thanks for sharing your beautiful world.

Unknown said...

These are really wonderful images. What a place to get up and go and see these beautiful sights!

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm glad you made it safely home. The sky in the last photo is very moody indeed!

Jeannette StG said...

Great captures, and each so different!

Firas said...

They are beautiful shots : )