Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Desert late afternoon~Our World Tuesday~020712

Late afternoon in the desert out by Indio Hills and Thousand Palms canyon.  I have a 3 day weekend coming up and I want to return to this area for another visit. These hills are right along the San Andreas fault and there are many palms here, hence the name "Thousand Palms canyon".  You can see the palms dotting the foothills from Interstate 10 and there are places to hike and see them.  If you are in this area, be sure to stop by the Coachella Valley Preserve and you can hike back through the palms.  It is right along Thousand Palms Canyon Road.  I love the desert in the late afternoon, don't you?  Our World Tuesday for February 7, 2012.  To visit OWT, please go to:  http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

LadyFi said...

Love the way the light is painting the tops of the mountains/hills.

TexWisGirl said...

very pretty. :)

Teresa said...

I sure love when the sun hits the mountains like that...gorgeous!

Snap said...

The desert colors are so vivid ... and I love the purple look at the end of the day!

Gaelyn said...

Nice shot with the late afternoon light on the mountain tops.

Pat said...

Beautiful shot. I have to tell you that every time I come to your blog, I am stunned every time by your header photo!