Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Busted! The CITY doesn't like us feeding the ducks!

Here's the link to the newspaper article:

http://www.mydesert.com/comments/article/20120216/NEWS07/202160305/Ducks-create-issue-Palm-Desert-park

Apparently the CITY thinks we are contributing to the continued presence in the park of ducks which should move on!  Pffffffffftttttttttt!  It's the HUMANS who visit the park who create the most messes!!!  I've seen junk food trash in the parking lots, people pull off the roses and throw them around the park, they leave TRASH all over the kiddie area...Let them solve the human problem first!

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you said it well!

Inger said...

I think the ducks may have been there first, long before the park was even thought of. By us persons as Samson, my Samoyed, would say.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

You know, I wondered about this when I read your post yesterday. I almost commented on it. We have a little lake here in Fullerton (Laguna Lake) and a favorite activity when the kids were young was to go feed the ducks and geese. Evidently everyone else had the same idea and the the duck population got way out of control. I can see both sides of the argument, and since the city banned feeding the ducks, I must admit that things are much cleaner, including the water quality. But it seems a shame that kids can't feed the ducks anymore :-(