Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Friday, March 25, 2011

Spring in the desert~Cactus blossoms~Live Every Moment and Fabulous Friday 032511



I went for a walk early this morning before school and I spotted these cacti blooming. So, this afternoon, after school, I returned with my camera and stopped to take some photos. During spring and as it warms, various species of cactus (cacti) will begin to bloom. I'm always intrigued by them and they are all very different. These I believe, are a species of prickly pear. Aren't the pink blossoms beautiful? Live Every Moment, "Spring", for March 25, 2011. To visit LEM, please go to: http://liveeverymom.blogspot.com/ To visit Fabulous Friday, please go to: http://mcdougallphotography.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Lynette said...

What beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing.

Carletta said...

These are beautiful!
I like the light you've captured in the first one.

Carolyn Ford said...

my favorite color of cacti flowers! beautiful!

Tara said...

Very pretty pink flowers...very springy! Thanks for linking up.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Haven't had a chance to view your blog in a while... great photos!! You always have such interesting posts! I really like the prickly pear blooms. We have exactly the same cactus/same color flowers in 29 Palms, but they aren't in bloom yet, probably because we are at about 2600' in elevation. By the way, JT is starting to bloom, but probably worth waiting another 2-3 weeks for more blooms.

Jennifer said...

So beautiful! We're still waiting for spring here. :(

Thank you for participating in Fabulous Friday!