Deserts and Beyond

Deserts and beyond...places in and around the southern California deserts and beyond. Photo taken at Canyon Lake, in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona, December 2011. A few minutes later, after the sun disappeared, these cliffs were their normal color. They were only golden for a short time and I'm glad we were able to view them in their glory.






Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dark skies and...!!!~That's My World Tuesday, March 22, 2011



I dashed home yesterday afternoon right after school because I wanted to drive up into our local mountains to see the snow. I was so busy taking photos of the snow and clouds that I nearly missed the rainbow over the Coachella Valley! It wasn't until I turned around to head back into my warm, dry car that I glanced out over the valley to see the rainbow! That's My World for Tuesday, March 22, 2011.

3 comments:

Rosie@travel-i-tales said...

Hi! Your header is fabulous. A strong image.
Oh I know shooting clouds and snow-capped mountains can really get one so enthralled.Rainbows are easy to miss.
Rosie

Ray said...

The clouds look amazing in the first photo!

Ai KaiRui Liu said...

visiting from My World Tuesday...

following you...hope you'll follow me back

here's my entry
http://kc2009.blogspot.com/2011/03/escapar-una-isla-hermosa.html