Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Monday, March 21, 2011

Signs of spring in my yard




It was so dull and dreary here yesterday, I just stayed in all day! At one point, however, I grabbed my camera and went outside to look for signs of spring in my yard. My fruitless peach tree is starting to bloom and my snail vine is coming back after a harsh winter! We had some severe frosts here in January and February (remember the farmers burning the bales of hay near their fields?), and my other snail vine is barely coming back after getting hit by the frost, but this one is closer to the house and protected, so it's doing pretty well. We have rain forecast today (oh, joy!), but by next weekend, sunny skies will return.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Yes, dreary and rainy today, too.
Sometimes it's nice to not feel guilty for doing nothing! When the sunshines, I can't sit still :)
Pretty colors. I am seeing some spring, too. With this rain and sunshine to come we will have some pretty flowers here.