Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Joshua Tree~Sunday Stills Challenge~030611








By now, if you've been following this blog, you know that I LOVE Joshua Tree National Park. We've lived here in the desert for 35 years and, until last year, we'd only visited the park twice in all that time. But, last year, with our annual National Parks pass, we went twice and even took our daughter and son-in-law with us last spring. This past year, we've already visited it three times, once in January, when I took these photos, and twice in February, after a snow storm. I tell you, there is something very special about this area. Whether it's the rocks or the joshua trees or the sky above, it just draws people to the park! Sunday Stills Challenge, "Your Favorite Place", for March 6, 2011.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Your desert looks very peaceful. I love the big, blue sky of the desert.

Janie said...

Pretty shots of the desert. I love the Joshua trees, too.

Teresa said...

That looks like an awesome park. I can see why it would draw you back... I think I've seen a joshua tree out the arboretum...it has a variety of the earth's deserts trees. They are very distinctive and interesting to look at.