Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Red Rock Canyon State Park~SOOC Sunday and Scenic Sunday 031311




Hubby and I headed over to Arizona this weekend and stopped at the Red Rock Canyon state park, which is right outside Sedona. We'd never stopped there before and we were glad that we did. The park has a beautiful visitor center which is built right into the surrounding red rock. Hubby hiked down to the stream while I went in the opposite direction and then I stayed around the visitor's center. It was high noon and my photos of the rocks didn't come out well, but these of the shadows did! SOOC Sunday for March 13, 2011.

To view other participants in SOOC Sunday, please visit: http://www.murrieta365.com/ To view other participants in Scenic Sunday, please visit: http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Jan said...

This is such a beautiful area. Great photos.

Jan n Jer said...

I would love to visit here...love all the red rocks!

Anonymous said...

very beautiful and amazing scene, I add u, add me too.

Teresa said...

These are great shots! I've never been to the southwest, so I love seeing these pictures.

KT said...

We stopped there a number of years back as well. We found some very nice smaller hikes.

In Sedona, we really liked the West Fork Oak Creek Trail.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi
hai ragione, questo è un parco veramente da visitare !
Peccato che sia così lontano per me !
Buona serata :)
Myriam

Gemma Wiseman said...

An intense red in the rock! And intense light highlights the beauty of this rocky world! Great photos!

Unknown said...

Even before I read the post title I said to myself....Must be Sedona. I just love Sedona, What a place to see, all that red is mind boggling. What a sight to behold. I am going there later this year, can't wait.

Teresa said...

Hi cheryl Ann,
leave me a note on my blog if I accidentally left a message under my sons username. I need to figure something out because sometimes he forgets to sign out before I get on the computer. Have a nice day...Sorry about that.
Teresa
Love those red rocks. I am very fond of them.

Janie said...

Lovely photos of the canyon country.

Joyful said...

Beautiful. I love all the desert colours and the paths and stairways beckon me.