Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Friday, November 26, 2010

Urgent Care yesterday

Well, hubby had to drive me to urgent care yesterday afternoon. Once again, I have acute bronchitis. DUH! I've been coughing for a whole week and I figured if I didn't get on antibiotics, I would have no voice for parent conferences next week. I sounded like a frog anyway already. Fortunately, the office wasn't full of sick people and they asked me to put on a mask. I was given augmentin, which is different from my previous antibiotic, since doctors won't give you the same one twice in a row for bronchitis. Unfortunately, augmentin has an added ingredient to make it faster for the body to utilize it, and that added ingredient made me sick and I threw up. Apparently that is one of the side effects for 1/100 patients. Of course, I'm that 1/100! ...sigh...So, I have to call back to urgent care and get another antibiotic today. I have errands to run all day, including taking my dog Ripley to get her shots and a bunch of other short trips. Ahhhh....the holidays!

3 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

Get better! The same thing happened to me last week....the children are spreading diseases by handing in their homework. Normally this is a painful process for them.....however last weekend at this time, it was painful for me. Hopefully you'll be back in no time for those wonderful parent conferences....if not, I recommend a sick day:)

Jan said...

Oh,gore. Feel better, fast. I have lots of drug allergies, and can really sympathize.

Rambling Woods said...

So sorry to hear this...having been hospitalized in ICU with pneumonia I know how bad it can be and I too have sounded like a frog at parent conferences... Augmentin /amoxicillin can upset your stomach. I hope they can find something else...I really hope you feel better... Michelle