Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Windmills and sunny skies




Well, sunny skies YESTERDAY.  For the next few days, we have a winter storm bearing down on the valley and it will be raining or snowing up in our local mountains.  It's still too dark to see outside, but I have a feeling I'll be running errands today and not getting out much.  I got my flu shot yesterday and so far (...knock on wood...) I haven't had a reaction.  I had a BAD reaction to my last flu shot, which was 35 years ago, before our daughter was born!  However, I don't wish to get bronchitis (again) or pneumonia this flu season, so I opted for the shot....I'm crossing my fingers that it will keep me healthy and safe from the 20,000,000 germs my students will bring to class on Monday!  :-(  It was good to get out yesterday, while it was warm and sunny!  (It was in the mid 70's here!).  I always enjoy taking pics of the windmills near Palm Springs.

No comments: