Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thousand Palms Canyon





I've been spending most of my vacation driving up and down the mountain road, but yesterday I headed back out to Thousand Palms Canyon road.  If you are ever in this area (near Indio, CA), DO drive out that road to see some spectacular desert scenery and washes.  There are also some hills there which are right on the San Andreas fault and you can see the faulting.  There are also jeep tours which go in this area and frankly, I was hoping to get some photos of birds in the early morning light (it was 8:00 a.m. when I went out there...) but...NO SUCH LUCK!  I didn't see ANYTHING!  :-(  And, it was cold and windy, and I'm a "desert rat", so I scurried home!  (I had 3 layers of clothing AND my thermal underwear on that morning, a jacket, and I was STILL COLD!)...I'm such a chicken!  HOW in the name of tarnation could my ancestors have been Vikings?  I can't stand to be cold! Anyway, here are some pics from yesterday.  Don't you just love the early morning light?

No comments: