Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Table grapes, Dillon Road, Indio, CA~Nature's Notes~012413





I live in the Coachella Valley and it has a 365 day growing season.  Yes, even in the middle of summer, when temps can be over 120 degrees, this valley grows crops.  Right now, in winter, the farmers are growing cool season crops like artichokes (which I posted about a week ago...), lettuce, cabbage, carrots, peppers, and broccoli.  I wanted to drive home last Friday out by Dillon Road (which is out of my way) to take some photos of the vineyards there.  The valley also grows table grapes, like these in the photos.  There aren't any grapes now.  The vines are dormant.  But, they were being watered last Friday.  I like to keep track of the grapes throughout the year and see the progress of the grapes.  There is something peaceful about them, don't you think?  I boosted the 4th photo with PicMonkey. I'm experimenting with some of the effects there and since the other ones were pretty washed out, I decided to boost this one. Nature's Notes for January 24, 2013.

No comments: