Deserts and Beyond

Deserts and beyond...places in and around the southern California deserts and beyond. Photo taken at Canyon Lake, in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona, December 2011. A few minutes later, after the sun disappeared, these cliffs were their normal color. They were only golden for a short time and I'm glad we were able to view them in their glory.






Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Road trip~Yosemite!

We are on the road for a few days and are visiting Yosemite National Park today. Pics to follow tomorrow morning!

4 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

Have a safe trip and enjoy Yosemite to the absolute fullest!

WorldLens said...

Cool! Then I'll just admire your header. Are those petroglyphs authentic or an artists rendition, do you know?

desertsandbeyond said...

Those are done by a local artist. Aren't they neat?

WorldLens said...

I love them and I'm sure the artist got his inspiration from the many petroglyphs in the rocks of the desert. I used a picture I took of them for a posting on my blog, too.

Palm Desert has wonderful art throughout, doesn't it?