Deserts and Beyond

Deserts and beyond...places in and around the southern California deserts and beyond. Photo taken at Canyon Lake, in the Superstition Mountains of Arizona, December 2011. A few minutes later, after the sun disappeared, these cliffs were their normal color. They were only golden for a short time and I'm glad we were able to view them in their glory.






Tuesday, June 22, 2010

North Rim Grand Canyon ~That's My World 062210




While our daughter and son-in-law hiked down a trail at the north rim of the Grand Canyon, I stayed behind and enjoyed the shade near this bench. Here are the kids and dad checking out the view! And, what a view! We LOVE the north rim. It doesn't have as many people at the south rim and you can drive your car to the overlooks. For other worldly views, please visit: http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/ That's My World for Tuesday, June 22, 2010.

5 comments:

Gwendolyn L said...

I enjoyed your photos. I have been to the south rim, but we didn't have time to drive around to the north rim. It is my goal to get there someday. It's such a lovely spot in the world. Thanks for sharing.

Luna Miranda said...

what a view, indeed! i love that bench--looks like a lovely spot.

Carly said...

what an amazing place to visit! I'd love to hike the grand canyon!

Rosadimaggio63 said...

hello,
questa foto con famiglia, l'ho amato molto.
Bella con lo sfondo del canyon !
Buona giornata a te e ai tuoi cari :-))
besos

Barb said...

I sure hope you met Ranger Gaelyn while there!