Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, June 17, 2010

In the Air Above Zion~SkyWatch Friday 061810










When we took our second shuttle back from the end stop at Zion National Park, we actually had a drive who spoke to us and told us some interesting things about Zion. For example, she said that a pair of condors lived nearby the park. That afternoon, when we took the road to the Kolob Reservoir, which weaves its way above Zion National Park, I glanced over a waterfall and there they were! I grabbed my camera, which was safely stashed beneath my seat, and took as many photos as I could before they soared down beyond the waterfall. This area had many updrafts, which are perfect for the condors. If you click on the top photo, you can actually see the second one. We felt we were priviledged to see them and I am thankful that we did! SkyWatch Friday for June 18, 2010.

6 comments:

Hildred said...

Beautiful, - thank you for sharing the photo of these wonderful birds, - you were indeed very lucky to see them, and long enough to take a picture.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Che dire di questa foto ?
Meravigliosa.... non cè nulla di più bello che di un volo in tutta libertà !
Buona giornata :-)
Questa è una foto che fà meditare.

Anonymous said...

when I look to these photos..I feel me in PEACE..THANKS FOR IT

CONGRATS
http://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/06/world-refugee-day-2010-at-sky-friday/

Don Wood said...

Nice shots I wish I was there too I love birds of prey . XXX Don

EG CameraGirl said...

Ah, Zion must be a fantastic place to look up and watch the big birds soar.

Kcalpesh said...

Capturing the flight of a bird... that's very difficult thing to do!! Nicely captured shots!!

Recently I switched to a custom domain and have lost friends on google friend connect. Request you to re-join :-)

Pixellicious Photos