Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Monday, February 1, 2010

Sunflower and bees~Macro Monday for February 1, 2010


I have a row of sunflowers out in our front yard. There used to be a eucalyptus tree out there, but a couple of years ago, during one Spring wind storm, it toppled over and took out a chunk of our fence. Our son came out and repaired the fence, but I was left looking at a large, barren spot. So, last year I planted mammoth sunflowers along the fence. They quickly grew and towered over 7 feet tall! They went to seed and I collected the seeds and I replanted them in December. This crop isn't as tall, but they are blooming already. I went out Friday afternoon, after school, and took this photo. The bees were busy pollinating the flowers and the birds will move in and eat the seeds after they dry out. Macro Monday for February 1, 2010. Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sunflowers the 1st of February!! How lucky you are. :)

Carolyn Ford said...

Gorgeous! A row of sunflowers has to be wonderful...

gtyyup said...

Blooming already?!? So totally not fair ;~) Beautiful shot!

Stephen Chapman said...

hello!!!

The next "5 on the fifth" is a few days away and you are very welcome to take part. You can either take 5 random pictures of anything that happens to you on the 5th of February (or the days leading up to it) or perhaps go for my suggested theme. This month, the theme is... City Life.

Leah said...

A bright beautiful sunflower to brighten my day.. great picture!