Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Friday, February 26, 2010

In Search of Ocotillos~SkyWatch Friday 022610





































I set out early last Sunday morning, camera in hand. As I drive up Highway 74, I've noticed the ocotillos which have turned green after all our recent rains. I've tried to get some pics of them, but, on that road, there simply aren't enough turnouts to stop and get their photos. But last Sunday, since I was on the road by 6:30 a.m., and there were no cars or motorcycles, I was able to pull over on some very narrow turnouts, walk a way up the road, and get some of the photos I've so often wanted to take. It's a good thing I did this last weekend because another storm is moving in and rain is forecast for this weekend (again...). So, here are the pics of our desert ocotillos! I posted the photos of the rainbow from further up the road on my desert blog which is at http://desertsouthwest.blogspot.com/ so if you want to see those photos, please click on the link. SkyWatch Friday for February 26, 2010. Today is my husband's 60th birthday and our grandson's 1st birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Award for you over on my blog!