Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Whitewater Canyon



Hubby and I drove out to Whitewater Canyon yesterday.  He is off for the weekend, and he wanted to get out for the day.  Since the local San Bernardino mountains got quite a big of snow, off we went.  However, even with 3 layers of clothing...the minute I stepped out of the car, I nearly hopped back in!  The wind funnels through that canyon and it was right off the snow.  And, since I had the flu last weekend, I didn't wish to stand there and shiver!  So, I took most of my photos there from inside the car while hubby was the brave one who actually got OUT to take photos!   :-)  If you enlarge the middle photo, you can see some of the windmills on the back ridge.

1 comment:

Ron Scheer said...

Thanks. This is a place we plan to return to regularly with a lunch and binoculars.