Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"F" is for feathers...ABC Wednesday 022013



I've started up my daily walks again.  However, I now usually walk in the afternoon, after school, since my school startup time changed this year and now they start 30 minutes earlier.  However, on weekends I still walk in the morning.  I love the morning light and on this day, I was surprised to find two vultures sunning themselves in a mesquite tree.  They had their FEATHERS out, soaking up the sun's warmth, as you can see.  Then, as I approached, they both warily eyed me and finally took off, FLYING right above me!  Look at this vulture's feathers...aren't they beautiful?  ABC Wednesday for FEBRUARY 20, 2013.  To visit ABC Wednesday, please go to:   http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

a FINE idea!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Carver said...

I need to start taking daily walks again. Wonderful shots. I love the way you can see the full wing span in the last shot. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

TheChieftess said...

Your banner shot is gorgeous!!!

Lea said...

Great flight photo!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

SRQ said...

These feathery creatures were an excellent find.