Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, February 21, 2013

A couple of clowns (ravens)~Nature's Notes~022113








I don't often drive to the end of the Desert Willow golf course because the clubhouse is there, but there is a large parking lot that I now often stop and visit.  It provides a good view of our local mountains and, along the drive to it, I often see rabbits, coyotes, and various birds.  I've seen these ravens before but on Tuesday afternoon, I stopped to watch their antics.  They both started on top of a light pole and then they flew over to a nearby dumpster.  Apparently they found treasure there and proceeded to eat it in the parking lot.  Then, another HUGE raven came by to investigate their antics.  Maybe somebody can explain his stance?  Finally they flew off.  I didn't see them yesterday afternoon, but I'm sure they'll hang around their food source (the dumpsters).  Nature's Notes for February 21, 2013.   To visit Nature Notes, please go to:   http://ramblingwoods.com/

1 comment:

Rambling Woods said...

What a treat to see ravens as they are so smart..this is only a guess but it looks like a threat posture or protective posture depending on if this bird had the food or wanted the food.. Great captures for Nature Notes... Michelle