Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cedar waxwings~Nature Notes~022813






I was out for my walk one morning a couple of weeks ago and I noticed a whole flock of little birds flittering from tree to tree.  I took a few photos of them and noticed that they had little crests.  Another photographer was out walking and said, "Did you see the cedar waxwings?"  Huh?  Oh, so that it what they are!  I didn't see them for a few mornings, at least until last Sunday, when, once again, they were flying from tree to tree.  This time they let me get fairly close.  However, they suddenly ALL disappeared and I caught the sight of the Cooper's hawk flying by!  Boy, they all disappeared instantly!  Aren't they adorable?  Nature Notes for February 28, 2013.  To visit Nature Notes, please go to:  http://ramblingwoods.com/  There must be a food source nearby for them and I'm thinking it's the little date seeds on the trees...

1 comment:

Rambling Woods said...

They are so cute Cheryl Ann. I have never seen one and I have to look of they are even in my area. I guess I would have to have berries in the yard for them. Nice photos.. Michelle