Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Monday, October 31, 2011

Yellow rose~Mellow Yellow Monday, Macro Monday~103111

I found this beautiful yellow rose in our local park yesterday morning.  The park was pretty much deserted except for the Occupy Coachella Valley protestors, who are sleeping in the parking lot.  The ducks were out and so were a few joggers and people walking their dogs.  It was peaceful and quiet and the sun was beginning to hit the rose garden.  Mellow Yellow Monday and Macro Monday for October 31, 2011. To visit MYM, please go to:  http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/ 
To visit Macro Monday, please go to:  http://lisaschaos.com/?s=macro+monday

7 comments:

EMily said...

Sounds like a mostly quiet and peaceful park! Love the macro...such a beautiful rose!

Karen said...

Love the lighting on the rose.

carol l mckenna said...

Awesome macro shot ~ perfect yellow rose! ~ thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor) linked with MYM

Tina´s PicStory said...

lovely!

Ida said...

So alive and washed with such golden sunlight and color.

Kala said...

Beautiful light in this macro!

desertsandbeyond said...

I took this photo with my old Nikon D40x. I SWEAR this is one of the finest cameras I've ever used and I've used a LOT! She just captures the right light and moment. I always take her with me...everywhere I go! :-) Thank you, everyone, for your comments. I love going to the park and taking pics of the roses, since I have killed every rose plant I've ever planted in my yard...sigh...