Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Winter crops~Nature Notes~102711




I left home early a couple of days ago and I had time to drive out by the fields near my school to investigate what was planted there.  I believe this is broccoli.  At least, that's what the large growers plant this time of year.  I caught the fields just as they were watering them in the morning. Aren't the fields pretty?  I love morning light and I'm glad I was able to see them before my work day started.  Nature Notes for October 27, 2011.  To visit Nature Notes, please go to:  http://ramblingwoods.com/

5 comments:

Gaelyn said...

Love the look of the wonderful rows of green against that black looking soil. Hope it is broccoli.

Teresa said...

If someone is looking to get some calcium, this is the place to get it! I've never seen a broccoli crop before, interesting!

Leora said...

All the green broccoli "dots" make a lovely pattern.

MyMaracas said...

For those of us settling in for a long, white winter, this is like a glimpse of heaven.

Rambling Woods said...

I love broccoli and it is a vegetable that my daughter would eat as a small child...Lovely looking in the fields....Michelle