Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Thursday, October 6, 2011

My bird feeders~Nature Notes~100611

I've discovered the joys of having bird feeders out in my front yard.  I have several of them out there now, including seed socks for finches.  The little guys also like my hanging feeders and even visit the flat clay containers.  They can be quite noisy in the morning and afternoon!  Yesterday I saw two little verdins at the hanging sock and one pair always builds a nest in my yard every year.  As the season progresses, we will be visited by other birds and I'm always careful to remember to fill up the feeders each morning.  This is where my scrub jay visits, too, and if he's hungry, he gets quite noisy!  He's a good reminder!  Here are some photos of the visitors that I took when I was home Sunday morning.  I usually fill up the feeders right as I'm heading out to school and I don't get to see the birds, except for weekend mornings. I love all the birds who come to eat! Nature Notes for October 6, 2011. To visit Nature Notes, please go to:  http://ramblingwoods.com/

8 comments:

Dianne said...

busy feeders!
I love watching birds

Brenda's Arizona said...

Finches have become my favorites. Nice little song, happy little eaters. Like the photos!

Lynette said...

Super series of photos!

Gaelyn said...

During the winter I put out feeders and enjoy watching the birds daily.

Leora said...

Love all your birds!

Rambling Woods said...

Oh thank you for feeding the birds and for showing that a feeder can be a clay container..I had to laugh at your scrub jays. My blue jays scream at me if I don't have peanuts out as they are stashing them away for the winter. Boy they are loud birds.. Thank you for posting to Nature Notes...Michelle

squirrel said...

Nice bird feeders and I love the visitors. Do you have hummingbirds? When I have been to southern California I have seen them.

Tina´s PicStory said...

so cute ♥