Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall leaves~Mellow Yellow Monday~102411

I took a drive up through Garner Valley, which is near the top of the Santa Rosa mountains Saturday and Sunday, looking for some fall color.  I found these trees next to the entrance to one of the ranches in Garner Valley.  They put a scarecrow out front, too!  We don't get these beautiful colors down in the desert, so I enjoy my trips up to our local mountains.  They may be getting a thunderstorm this afternoon and if I see clouds after school, I'll take a run up there!  Mellow Yellow Monday for October 24, 2011.  To see MYM, please go to:  http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

pretty fall colors! i'm a san diego native, moved now to virginia but we used to go to julian to find fall colors :)
spent quite a bit of time in palm springs while my husband was stationed at 29 palms!

Teresa said...

I love the color variations, so soothing to the eye...

Louise said...

Very pretty. Fall is so colorful. I just love it. But, I don't much like the leaves after they fall. What a mess getting them raked.

cassandrasminicorner said...

I love fall because of it's pretty colors...


Visiting from MYM! Hope you can visit me too if you have not done yet..

http://www.cassandrasminicorner.com/2011/10/mellow-yellow-monday-144-%E2%80%93-coconut-shell-coin-wallet.html