Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ocotillo bloom~Outdoor Macro Challenge 021711

The ocotillos are starting to bloom here in our desert. We've had a couple of weeks now of sunshine and warm days and after all of our rain last December, the desert is green. Wild lupines are blooming up on Highway 74 (Palms to Pines Highway) and a few yellow flowers are blooming, along with the ocotillos. There are several stands of them up on Highway 74. I do believe that with all our December rains, we should have a spectacular wildflower season this year! Outdoor Macro Challenge for February 7, 2011. To visit other participants, please visit:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your photos. I live up in the pinyons and travel the beautiful Palms to Pines highway several times a week.

Teresa said...

Can't wait, can't wait for the flowers here to bloom. We haven't had much rain, so I don't know....I find desert flora fascinating.

Miranda said...

Thank you! :)

I like the colors in your picture. :)

Miranda said...

Thank you! :)

I like the colors in your picture. :)