Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Monday, February 21, 2011

Joshua Tree after a snowstorm~Blogger's Community Photo Challenge 022111




All of our local mountains got fresh snow Saturday night and Sunday morning I actually headed in the opposite direction, up Highway 74 to see the snow there. I could see, from across the valley, that Joshua Tree also had quite a bit of snow, so I called hubby (and woke him up!) and asked if he wanted to drive up there to see it. So, back down the hill I drove, picked up hubby, and we headed in the opposite direction to Joshua Tree. Both Morongo Valley and Yucca Valley were dusted by the snow. It was on roofs, new cars in car lots, and even on sidewalks there. It was very pretty! The park had a lot of visitors in the morning, but when we left about noon, the line to the west entrance was about a quarter mile long! But the sun was out, there were clouds in the sky, and it was a beautiful day for a trip to Joshua Tree! By the time we left, about noon, all the snow on the south-facing side was gone! Blogger's Community Photo Challenge, "Storms", for February 21, 2011. To visit Blogger's Community, please visit: http://communityphotochallenge.blogspot.com/2011/02/community-photo-challenge-storms.html


5 comments:

Inger said...

We must have shared the same storm. Hubby and I hiked in it with the dogs and had a lot of fun. It was gone by the end of the day here as well.--Inger

MariesImages said...

Beautiful shots of an amazing place...glad to see new challengers ;)
WELCOME!

Mark Alan Meader said...

Nice!.. I was tempted to head out there yesterday thinking there might be some snow, but we had so much of it up here to deal with that I decided to stay local. Spent the whole day shooting out in the woods knee-deep in powder...really beautiful. Ignored my shoveling duties, except for digging out the car:)

Teresa said...

I have yet to see one....hopefully soon!

Debbie W said...

When I think of the desert, I don't generally think of snow. What an amazing looking place!