Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Badlands~Scenic Sunday 020611


I never got a decent shot of the Badlands, but hubby actually took this one! We both had to face toward the west and the setting sun. I think he cupped his hand partly to block the sun when he took it. I like the rugged beauty of the Badlands. From one point, you can almost see down into Mexico. These badlands are located in Anza Borrego park, at Font's Point. If you ever have a chance to visit the park, it is an amazing experience! Scenic Sunday for February 6, 2011.

5 comments:

Lorac said...

Really rustic and beautiful!

KB said...

That is a gorgeous photo, showing how surreal the badlands are.

I also loved seeing the desert starting to bloom in a previous post. Blooming seems so far away at my home!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi :)))
grandiosa immagine !!!
Buona domenica.
Myriam

Unknown said...

Great photo and so different from where I live. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

Unknown said...

I've never been there, so it's great to get a taste of it ...hope to being my camera there someday! Thanks for sharing on SS!