Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Short walk yesterday morning~SOOC and Scenic Sunday 120510



I took a short walk yesterday morning, only 15 minutes. Saw a roadrunner, 2 cottontails, and one huge jackrabbit. Oh, and the hawk, who has seemed to have survived its encounter with the crow. See http://rav4adventures.blogspot.com/2010/12/tale-of-hawk-and-ravennature-notes.html for that story! Anyway, I'm still not back into shape after my bronchitis and I didn't get very far yesterday morning. This has taken a heavier toll on me than I expected and my endurance is shot. It was cloudy yesterday and I almost didn't take my walk, but I had to stop by the post office and since I was only a couple of blocks away, I decided to give it a try. I also had parent conferences this week at school and that was EXHAUSTING! Try talking from 12:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. after a bout of bronchitis! We have a new report card, which I had to explain to the parents, and by 7:00, I was completely numb. I staggered home and fell asleep at 7:30 that night! All of us teachers were so tired the next day ( a FULL day) that we barely made it through Thursday. Anyway, I digress...so I didn't get any walking in this past week, except for Friday morning (another 15 minute walk). I was doing 30 to 40 minutes and I'm hoping to work my way back up to that time over the holidays. In the meantime, these were my views from yesterday. SOOC and Scenic Sunday for December 5, 2010. I took these with my little Nikon Coolpix, since I can slip it in my pocket and then I don't have to carry around my big Nikon! For other participants, please visit: http://www.murrieta365.com/ and http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Jan said...

I'm glad you're feeling well enough to get out. LOVE the photos, thanks.

Inger said...

Sorry you've been sick. But don't we have beautiful clouds in the desert?

EG CameraGirl said...

I hope you feel much better soon. I can totally understand how all those teacher-parent conferences could sap your energy. I fear many parents have no idea the energy it takes...especially when you are just getting over being sick.

The skies in both photos are very beautiful.

Rambling Woods said...

It can take a while to get back to your old self after a bug like that. I never had many parents come in for conferences because I worked in the inner city and parents didn't or couldn't come in....Michelle