Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Elusive meadowlarks~Nature Notes 120910





I have a new-found respect for nature photographers. I don't know how some people get the photos of birds and other creatures that they get! Sunday morning I was driving down this road (see bottom photo) and I had my windows down and I heard meadowlarks. Hmmmm.....I should stop and get some pics of them (or so I thought!) NOT A HAPPENING THING! First of all, the @#$% birds flew away so quickly that I never got a decent shot of them! Second, I just don't have the right lens (I DO have a zoom to 200 mm lens...) but, I couldn't get close enough to any of the birds to get a decent photo! I finally gave up and headed up to the horse ranch, abandoning any thoughts of photographing elusive meadowlarks!!! I did get to hear them and there were plenty of them in the field (see bottom photo). I like to drive down this road as it frequently has hawks and vultures circling above, hoping for a snack of the many ground squirrels along the fields! Nature Notes for December 9, 2010.



3 comments:

Janie said...

I love to listen to the meadowlarks, but I agree, they're hard to photograph.

Rambling Woods said...

Birds can be hard to get. The winter makes it easier with no leaves, but still hard. I would love to hear meadowlarks as I have not seen any here....thank you for doing Nature Notes....Michelle

KaHolly said...

Visiting other blogs and viewing their beautiful photos can certainly be a humbling experience! Don't give up! Your scenic photos are very pretty. ~karen