Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Smoke and Fire~Sunday Stills Challenge 081510~Pushawalla Canyon







Yes, even here in the desert, there are fires. I remember one time I was driving down Highway 74 (the Palms to Pines Highway) and I glanced out toward the Salton Sea, only to see a line of smoke on the horizon. Turns out, there was a fire down in Coachella. And, two weeks ago, the same thing happened. This was another brush fire in Thermal. I took these pictures the day I went hiking up Pushawalla Canyon. Yes, palm trees DO burn. These are stark reminders of that fact. They stand tall near the entrance to the canyon. As you can see, a couple of them are burned, but survived, while others did not. "Smoke and Fire"~Sunday Stills Challenge for August 15, 2010.

No comments: