Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Weekend Reflections 051510


The weekend is FINALLY here and I can FINALLY take a nice, long, leisurely walk this morning! Phew! For those of you who visit this blog and don't know, I'm a third grade teacher. That means, during the week, if I get up and get ready soon enough, I have time for a quick 20 minute walk in the morning before heading out to school and 20 nine-year-olds! I'm finding that I NEED my morning walks for a couple of reasons: first, walking helps my legs and my back. I was injured (permanently) in a horse fall back in August of 2008 while riding a friend's horse. Walking helps my back and leg muscles so that the muscles don't cramp up at night. It is especially helpful to walk through the soft sand and really get my legs moving! If I don't walk for a week, I FEEL IT in my legs! Second, I LOVE the sights and sounds and smells of the desert in the mornings. As I walk, I go through pockets of cool air. I see and hear quail. Sometimes I spook a cottontail or jackrabbit. I see cactus wrens go in and out of their nests. I enjoy the quiet and openness of the desert in the very early morning. Once in a while I run into another human on my walk and this disturbs the tranquility of my morning since most mornings, I am alone. I love to stop and take photos of the morning's reflections on the tinted windows of the visitor center. Weekend Reflections for May 15, 2010.

3 comments:

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi,
sei molto fortunata a poter passeggiare tutti i giorni in mezzo alla natura... per me non è possibile perchè vivo in una piccola cittadina e tutto intorno pur essendoci la natura non è possibile....per poter passeggiare come te, devo andare in montagna e lo posso solo fare il sabato quando mi reco nella mia casa.
I tuoi posti sono meravigliosi.
La California è meravigliosa.
Buona giornata :-)

Barb said...

I hear you! I don't even deal with kids but I n-e-e-d my space, lol!

Carolyn Ford said...

Oh, how nice those palms are gleaming in the windows! And, your school year is about to end...I hope you enjoy every minute of your summer vacation, as short as it is! And, keep enjoying those morning walks...I'm jealous!