Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"R" is for rattlesnake~~ABC Wednesday 051910


I haven't seen a rattlesnake on the trail yet in the mornings, but one morning I did hear one. It was under a bush, right past where I walked. There is a warning sign at the visitor center and I stop and read it VERY CAREFULLY often! The morning I heard one, I instantly, instinctively FROZE and then, after moving my head and locating the source of the sound, I moved slowly away from it. READ the RATTLESNAKE sign!
ABC Wednesday for May 19, 2010.

5 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

I prefer trails that are wide so there is plenty of room to stay away from the bushes along the edge of trails. My fear is there would be one that I don't see and that I would set it off...My daughter, her husband and my grandson saw one last weekend at the Claremont Wilderness Park in the foothills above the city of Claremont, CA. It was just crawling across the trail minding its own business. They decided to turn back and not take any chances with their 3 year old.

I am glad you didn't encounter a bad situation with your sighting (or auditory sighting).

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Brrrrrrrrrrr !
Pericolosi serpenti !!!
1° ed ultimo comandamento :
" Guardare ma non toccare ".
Buona giornata.

Brenda's Arizona said...

They certainly get my 'distance and respect'!

Carol said...

Since I'm basic chicken, I think the sign would be enough to deter me.

Roger Owen Green said...

I would RUN away...

On behalf of the ABC Wednesday team, thank you! - ROG