Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Petroglyphs Joshua Tree National Park~That's My World and Outdoor Wednesday 041310




When we returned to Joshua Tree National Park on Sunday, with our daughter and son-in-law, we stopped at the Barker Dam area and hiked back to the dam. This time, I took the loop back to the parking lot. Along the way, was a place to stop and admire the Indian petroglyphs. I stood there for a while, admiring them, while the wind whistled through the trees and nearby rocks, before getting back on the trail and back to civilization. That's My World for Tuesday, April 13, 2010 and Outdoor Wednesday for April 14, 2010.

9 comments:

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

Beautiful!!!!Thanks for sharing.
My World Tuesday

Carolyn Ford said...

The sound of the wind whistling must have been a bit eerie while looking at something that goes back in time, like this. These are something I want to experience...must get there before the real "heat" arrives in the desert.

Shey said...

This would be an interesting place to go. Fascinating curves of the rocks.

Ann said...

What an awesome picture. The music brings to life.

Allison Shops said...

Always enjoy seeing what time has done to boulders. Thanks for sharing. Dropping by from Outdoor Wednesday.

Allison
AtticMag

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

What a beautiful area...would love to visit there myself!!!

joanna said...

The wind whispers about those who were there before...

I have not been there in many years I forgot the magic of the place -- thanks for sharing I think I need to go back and visit and listen to the wind some more,

Joanny
http://thedowsersdaughter.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Gorgeous pics. They'd make wonderful water color paintings.

ramblingwoods said...

I have always been interested in this type of thing...I would love to see them in person....