Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, April 17, 2010

First view Barker Dam ~Scenic Sunday 041710






















As hubby and I hiked on the Barker Dam loop trail, we had no idea what to expect. We had never hiked in to Barker Dam before. I had only seen one photo of it in the national park brochure. But, it looked so beautiful and calm, I knew I had to go see it. So, off we went on the trail! The trail is well marked and there were many interesting things to stop and photograph on the way, but I was eager to see the pond. Desert ponds are so unusual and I'm always intrigued by them! Just think...a pond in the middle of the desert. From what I understand, if you get to Barker Dam early enough in the morning, you can see wildlife. Birds? Coyotes? I'm not sure! I'll have to read up on this. Since I'm an early riser, I would love to camp overnight at Joshua Tree and hike back to the dam and see it in the early morning light. Anyway, these were my first views of Barker Dam. Scenic Sunday for April 17, 2010. These photos were taken with my Olympus.

7 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos of the Barker dam! The reflections look awesome!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hello,
bellissimi scatti di baker Dam.
Mi piacciono molto... ma com'era la temperatura dell'acqua ?
Volendo, ci si può fare il bagno ?
Buona escursione :-)

cat said...

Wow your pictures are really awesome! What a fantastic place you visited.

Carolyn Ford said...

Oh! I have GOT to go there! This is just the kind of place I gravitate to! Beautiful reflections in that water...wow!

Lorac said...

Well worth the trip.It is striking looking.

Kristin said...

Nice reflection of the pond. A very calm place to be. Amazing to find a pond the middle of the desert.

New York City Personal Injury Lawyer said...

Excellent shots of the water and reflections. Great capture.