Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"O" is for owl...ABC Wednesday 942810 and Nature Notes 042910







We have several variety of owls here in the desert, from the tiny burrowing owl to the barn owl and even the eagle owl. I love visiting the owl exhibits at the Living Desert Reserve. One of them there was sitting on her egg, on the ground! We have a huge, mature cottonwood tree in our back yard and every now and then an owl comes and stays overnight in it. It must be a barn owl. I enjoy the owl visits as they clean out our backyard of unwanted critters like mice and tree rats! ABC Wednesday for April 28, 2010.

9 comments:

Suburban Girl said...

Never saw an owl on the ground! I did't think they sat on the ground. Interesting.

O for Onoko Run

Kim, USA said...

I like owl for me they are fascinating creatures. Happy weekend!

ABC Wednesday~O

joanna said...

Oh the lovely Owl -- I do not think I ever spotted tree rats before? Interesting --glad we do not have them here, but we do have some interesting raptors, and many bird species -- some noisy wild turkeys and a resident peacock who makes a terrible sound. I think I prefer the Owl too. Happy outdoor Wednesday

Joanny
http://thedowsersdaughter.blogspot.com/

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Fantastico animale... peccato in gabbia.

Roger Owen Green said...

Outdoor AND an O word; good combo.

ROGER, ABC Wednesday team

Caron said...

I love to listen to owls.

Tumblewords: said...

Terrific O - Owls are so noteworthy!

eileeninmd said...

I love owls, great shots. neat to see the owl sitting on her egg.

ramblingwoods said...

A group here has been raising barn owls for 8 years and releasing them in the hopes of bringing them back to western NY...with limited success. I do love owls....Thank you for adding this post to Nature Notes, I do appreciate it... Michelle