Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Grapes~That's My World 040610





























I took a drive out to the vineyards Thursday afternoon right after my spring break started. I like to see them at various times of the year. Spring is an especially delightful time because the grapes are so tiny! Can you see the baby grapes? These are table grapes, growing out in Coachella, along Interstate 10. I also saw fields of 3" high corn and another field of squash. Warm season crops are already planted. I remember that last year, the first crop of corn was harvested in May. With a 365 day growing season, the farmers rotate crops all year! That's My World for Tuesday, April 6, 2010.

5 comments:

Animor said...

Hope you enjoy your drive, I love corn. Nice to see when the grape trees bares fruit. I'll be there to harvest.lol

I'll follow you now, pls follow me too.TY

Anonymous said...

Nice look at the grapes. I never saw them when I was there but they look old enough to have been there a long time.

Anonymous said...

I really like the minaret and palm leaves against the blue sky. Nice shot.

SandyCarlson said...

So lush and beautiful!

Carolyn Ford said...

Those grape plants look very healthy! And, don't mention "corn," because I might hear you! I can't wait for corn season! Can't get enough of that stuff...