Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Friday, April 2, 2010

Gray skies yesterday~SkyWatch Friday 040210











We all awoke to gray skies yesterday. A storm had moved into our valley and by the time I finished my morning walk, it was sprinkling. It's good to have a day like this every once in a while here in the desert because it lowers our temperatures and washes dust off desert plants. Additionally, I LOVE the smells of the desert after a rain! These are some of the pics I took yesterday morning while on my walk. I peeked out this morning and it appears to be clear, since yesterday's winds moved the clouds away to Arizona and then New Mexico! SkyWatch Friday for April 2, 2010.

4 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

Those skies look very photogenic. You got a few sprinkles...probably not too many of those coming your way for awhile.

Regarding Yosemite...I think they got some snow this week, but, we were there a week ago with nice daytime temperatures in the 60's except one day probably only in the low 50's. The valley has a little patchy snow here and there but there is a lot on the peaks, etc. The falls are flowing beautifully and lots of water in the Merced River. There should be even more thunderous water by June as the snow melts up top even more. I would love to return later this spring just to enjoy even MORE water! Some trails are still closed due to snow, though.
But, we found more than enough miles of trails to enjoy. I have a DSLR Canon EOS XS...low end of the Canon line but it's complicated enough for me. I'm slowly learning when to use various settings...but, have SO much more to learn.

Have a wonderful Easter and winding down for this school year. I remember those days so well. My best friend is retiring this year from teaching, too. She is now counting the weeks, days, and soon it will be just hours! Pretty exciting! Take care!

Stephen Chapman said...

It's almost time for the next "5 on the fifth". As usual, anyone is welcome to take part. You can either take 5 random pictures of anything that happens to you on the 5th of April (or the days leading up to it) or perhaps go for my suggested theme. This month, I am going for 2 theme options... Spring and/or Bank Holiday weekend.


I hope that you will play!

Stephen

http://thestateofthenationuk.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-coming.html

Kathie Brown said...

I agree with you! I love the smell of the desert after the rain! It was cloudy and cool all day here yesterday but today the sun is shining once again. One benifit of the storms at this time of year is it brings a greater variety of birds to my feeders. Yesterday I had 27 species here! Very nice photos for Skywatch friday. Clouds always make for a dramatic sky!

Kcalpesh said...

The skies you've shot are really very beautiful! Awesome photography!

Pixellicious Photos