Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Ramona, CA and Ramona Cafe





































Hubby and I drove to Ramona, CA on Thursday. It is nestled in the rolling hills of San Diego County and is good horse country. We didn't see any of the areas burned by last summer's fire (we stayed on 67) and had an enjoyable day in town. We stopped for lunch at the Ramona Cafe (featured on "Diners, Dives, and Drive-Ins") and weren't disappointed by the food! It was delicious! I had the turkey melt and hubby had the chicken sandwich. No canned food here...everything is made fresh! Hubby bought 6 cinnamon rolls to go and we even stopped back later in the afternoon for a fresh apple delight and a piece of chocolate cake and coffee before driving back home. We enjoyed our day in Ramona and will go back again! That's the inside of the Ramona Cafe. My uncle, who used to fly B-24's, would LOVE that place! Isn't it cute? You could also sit outside, but why would you want to when there is so much to see inside!

2 comments:

www.ibuykorea.com said...

very nice blog! ^^
do you know Seoul, Korea?
If not, feel free to visit my blog~~
Have a great day!
Thanks a lot!!!

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Hello, I came on over from Russ'/Scenic Sunday and saw you had horses so thought I would say hey! Looks like an interesting place indeed. Our daughter was in a cutie parade one time (years ago) and we dressed her up as an A10 Warthog....she won $5000 for it! My husband created it and she/I painted it...so fun as a family project! I have never made it to your part of the world....maybe someday but you know how it is with horses....hard to get away! We have six! Come on by sometime for a visit! Luanne