Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weekend storm, Joshua Tree



I wasn't sure what kind of afternoon we would have up at Joshua Tree National Park on Sunday.  We arrived right after a major downpour.  The streets were running with water, roofs had been torn off buildings, and debris was all over the city of Joshua Tree.  But, the storm moved on to the west and the skies were clearing when we entered the park.  It was a good day to be there, after all.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I would imagine it could be quite scary to be in the park during a bad storm. Glad you arrived after it had moved on. :) Great photos!

Nancy said...

I would imagine it could be quite scary to be in the park during a bad storm. Glad you arrived after it had moved on. :) Great photos!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Thanks for this post. We're heading out on Friday, so I will be curious to see if we got much rain. Nice photos... looks like you got off-road!

Teresa said...

Love your header photo...I need to go back and look at your Arizona pics from a few weeks ago.
I have you linked up on my blog @
STVDP.blogspot.com

I just love your photos of Joshua tree park. I would love to get some photos of my own....someday!