Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Playing with Picnik


Now, I don't have PHOTOSHOP and I've never used it.  Hubby uses it all the time at work and he has it on his laptop, but I don't.  So, I was playing around with Picnik (part of Picasa) this morning.  I've done some sepia scenes with Picnik, but I wanted to try some other effects.  This one is the matte effect.  Just go up to the "effects" heading and scroll down the sidebar.  Some of the effects are only available if you are a premium member, but I've read so many complaints about their paid programs, that I just use the free ones like matte.  Do you use Picnik?  Are you a premium member?  What is your opinion of it?  I'm dying to know...If you want to see the sepia ones, please go here:  http://desertsandbeyond.blogspot.com/2011/07/playing-with-sepia.html

3 comments:

Tina´s PicStory said...

Great shots! Most times I work only with Picasa because Picnic needs sooo loooonnng for loading ;) Sometimes I use but only the free version. LG Tina

Louise said...

I'm totally ignorant about these things. About the only things I do with my pictures is clip them, sometimes. Both of those pictures look lovely to me, but I think I like the bottom one best.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

No, haven't used Picnic. I like the idea of free, easy-to-use programs for basic processing. Photoshop is so expensive and hard to learn... Good to know there are other options :)