Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, August 7, 2011

More flamingos~SOOC Sunday~080711





There were 3 flamingo chicks born this spring to the flock at the Marriott Desert Springs in Palm Desert.  I have to drop hubby off there this morning, so I'll take some new photos.  The chicks are the ones with the gray heads and gray feathers.  If you click on the bottom photo and enlarge it, you can see them and there is one in the second and third photos from the top.  I'm glad they all survived.  I seem to recall that a coyote once got in there and got a few flamingos a couple of years ago (they can't fly as their wings are trimmed)...easy pickings, I guess!  The guests always enjoy seeing this flock and so do I.  I frequently wander over there with my camera to see how they all are doing.  Isn't it a beautiful place?  SOOC Sunday for August 7, 2011. To visit SOOC Sunday, please go to:  http://www.murrieta365.com/

5 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

The top one is a real poser.

Jan said...

We haven't stayed there in years. The last time, was when the Northridge quake hit! These are great photos.

Louise said...

I didn't know that the chicks were grey. How interesting!

Tina´s PicStory said...

Very beautiful pics :)

Rosie@travel-i-tales said...

I love your flamingos.They must have been disciplined and didn't scoot off when you approached.Lovely shots. I have several in my garden...all yard ornaments, of course.
Rosie