Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, August 28, 2011

"Mail"~Sunday Series 52 ~082811

This is my first time participating in A Rural Journal's Sunday Series 52 and I'm so excited!  This sounds like a fun weekly challenge.  I took the Canon out this morning and decided to focus on the different mailboxes here in my town, since our post office looks like a prison.  (I'm NOT doing a series on our post office!  It is neither historical nor interesting!)  But, while driving around this morning, I discovered that there are some VERY interesting mailboxes here in Palm Desert!  Some are rock, some are metal, some are straight, some are curved, and some are very creative (like my neighbor's!)...In fact, I think she has the most unusual one I saw all morning!  So, let me introduce you to the mailboxes of Palm Desert, CA! The last one belongs to my neighbor.  Sunday Series 52, "mail", for August 28, 2011. To see this challenge, please go to:  http://www.aruraljournal.com/

7 comments:

Gaelyn said...

Your neighbors really go all out with their mail boxes. Everywhere I live we have a postbox. Don't think we can decorate them.

Nancy said...

How fun! I love the one that looks like a cactus. Very creative!

Thanks so much for joining in at SS 52 this week. I hope you had fun. :)

Unknown said...

I love the cactus!

Leckeres fuer Mensch und Katze - Goodies for a pleasant life said...

Nice mail shots :)

Lou Belcher said...

Nice variety of mail boxes... I too love the cactus...

Lou

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Keyboard mailbox is interesting... makes you wonder who the musician is that lives there!

Pat said...

Very cool! I take photos of interesting mailboxes in all our travels so this really made me smile!