Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Monday, August 1, 2011

Thunderheads over the desert~That's My World~080111

Today began without a lot of clouds in the sky, but by afternoon, they were everywhere.  Thunder, lighting, RAIN, wind...a beautiful summer monsoon storm.  And, just look at those thunderheads!  I took this photo up in our local mountains, after I visited my horses.  They received quite a downpour of rain earlier that day.  This was probably our last day of monsoon moisture as clear, sunny days are forecast for the next week.  That's My World for Tuesday, August 1, 2011.  To visit That's My World, please go to:  http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Cheryl Ann, hi....it's me Chasingsunsets! We've got some thunderheads, too...had a storm late in the day and got some great pics. No blog yet but I will get back to it sooner or later. Love your AZ pics!

Anonymous said...

Hurray for rain!

Lovely shot.

ksdoolittle said...

Gorgeous shot. I wish I could send rain to all the areas that are in need. In return, I'll just ask for a little heat. Altho' today is nice, most of the summer here has been wet, cool and windy.