Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Whoo, whoo, whoo~ABC Wednesday 102710


I took these photos at the Living Desert Reserve back in August. I always love to stop and see the owls there! And, last night, high up in our cottonwood tree, I heard the "whoo, whoo, whoo" of an owl. I heard it for about an hour, since we had our bedroom window open. It was such a soothing sound! I appreciate the owls who come and clean out the varmits from our yard! We've had owls come visit our cottonwood for many years now. I always assumed it was a barn owl, but whOOOOOOooo knows? ABC Wednesday for October 27, 2010.
"O" is for owl.

4 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

A wise OLD bird, it appears.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Meraviglioso animale :)
sembra che ci faccia l'occhietto !!!
Ciao Myriam

Jingle said...

owls are cool.

Tumblewords: said...

Wonderful shots! Owls do have an unusually sweet sound!