Eastern Sierra

Eastern Sierra
Eastern Sierra snow October 2010

Sunday, October 3, 2010

SOOC Sunday 100310


I woke up early yesterday morning. I had an all-day class to attend, and the sunrise was beautiful and I wanted to head out with my camera. It was raining on and off, sometimes gently and sometimes hard, so taking photos was difficult. I found a spot to take some sunrise photos, then I drove out Washington Avenue toward Thousand Palms Canyon. I stopped here to take this photo. There is a turnout where you can park and walk a ways and that is one of my favorite spots. The sun was just barely poking through all the clouds, so it is still fairly dark. This is "SOOC", straight out of the camera, no tweeking! SOOC for October 3, 2010.

6 comments:

Janis said...

Something so peacful to watch the sunrise!

YummY! said...

If you hadn't told me it was a sunrise I would have thought it was dusk.

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Wonderful silhoutte.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Foto quasi magica !
Mi piace molto l'effetto della luce in fondo all'immagine.
Buona serata :)
Myriam

Jan said...

I love that area around Thousand Palms Canyon. We had the same type of rain here. Yesterday was brutal hot and humid.

Lynn said...

Beautiful sunrise and marvelous shot.